Saying “full term” is quite deceiving. Though technically, at 37 weeks you are medically considered “full term”, it is painfully inaccurate when you are hoping to deliver any day. For first-time pregnancies, the chances of your water breaking are less than 10% and the chances of going into labor early are probably somewhat similar. Regardless, I have finally hit full term in this pregnancy. Whether I deliver this weekend, or in 5 weekends…only time can tell. Seriously though, it looks like I’m about to pop!
I have to keep reminding myself that it’s all about the baby. He’ll come when he’s ready. I just hope that he’s like his momma and he’s ready sooner than later. 
I stole this little pregnancy questionnaire from my cute friend Shelby who just gave birth to her 2nd baby boy, I loved reading her answers and thought it would be fun to fill it out myself:
How far along are you: 37 weeksSize of Baby: According to the bump.com, the baby’s average size at 37 weeks is: 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 lb. It says he is the size of a winter melon…(WTF is a winter melon??)
Maternity Clothes: I bought some maternity clothes in the beginning and I am even starting to outgrow those….I put on my maternity capris the other day and they split right up the middle of the thigh. #proudestmomentofmylife
Stretch Marks: None on the belly yet…some in other places. Eck.
Weight gain/loss: I had an insatiable appetite the first 4 months of my pregnancy. Let’s just say I’ve gained more than the recommended amount of weight for my size (hence the splitting of the jeans).
Sleep: It varies. Sometimes I can sleep well, sometimes I’m up all night. Either way I’m uncomfortable.
Best Moment of the week: My dad is flying home from New York for the weekend. He hasn’t seen the whale I’ve become so I’m pretty excited to see his expression when he lays eyes on this monster belly.
Movement: It’s slowed down but he’s definitely still rollin’ around in there.
Symptoms: Heartburn (eck), trouble catching my breath, achy body.
Food Carvings: I go through week-long cravings. Last week, I had to have a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream with extra crushed Oreos and a cut up banana. Had to. Every day. Then, all of a sudden I wasn’t craving that anymore and this week I’ve just wanted cereal. Random.
Gender: Bouncing baby boy
Belly button in or out: It’s been out for a few months now.
Anything make you queasy or sick: No, thankfully.
Labor signs: None. I don’t think.
Wedding ring on or off: Off- that hasn’t fit for a while either (what an unfortunate, continuing theme)…I did buy a fill in at the hospital gift shop but that is getting a little tight too. Stupid swollen fingers.
What I miss: My body. Being able to work without needing extra nurses and staff to help me move patients and equipment. Exercise and energy. Buying normal sized clothes.
What I am looking forward to: Cuddling with my newborn baby this fall, going on walks through the falling leaves, maternity leave. Mostly just becoming a mother.
Nursery: Just needs the finishing touches.
Emotions: Allllll over the place. I cry so much…about stupid things. Movies, commercials, YouTube videos, and especially when I get tired.
Stupid things i have done: I have almost backed into multiple vehicles. I don’t realize that I can’t rotate my body enough to see behind me all the way until I’ve almost plowed into someone else’s car. Also, I am having a really hard time remembering people’s names. Weird?
Kylee! You seriously look fabulous for 37 weeks. I love your baby bump but can't wait to meet your little man. Hopefully soon!
ReplyDeleteLooks like we had THE EXACT SAME pregnancy experiences. If you keep the similarities up, your water will break the day before your due date =) You look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou almost look like you could pop. You look so cute though! Take it easy and enjoy this time! :)
ReplyDeleteAww Ky, this made me get all choked up. Wish I was still there for when your man comes!! Hope it's soon.
ReplyDelete