The walls of my apartment have been pretty bare for the past 6 months. I had a bad attitude about having to move again and thought I would show the apartment who was boss by not doing any decorating. Well, I don’t know if it’s the cool breeze or the smell of fall in the air but something has got my crafty bones dancin’. Here is the transformation that has taken place in my apartment in the last week:
Here is my living room. The walls are naked.
Also, these are terrible pictures. I had awful lighting but didn’t want to wait until my next day off to take better ones.
This is the shelf that I bought at Roberts, I forgot to take a picture before I painted it. But it was just plain and boring. I thought it turned out pretty cute afterwards:
My first attempt at distressing furniture.
These are the old knobs. I took them off and bought similar metal ones.
I also made a little friendly owl and a yarn-wrapped C for my shelf.
Here is the finished product:
Ta-da! I printed a 16x20 canvas of one of my favorite pictures from our wedding and found the cute bicycle at Hobby Lobby.
I also picked up some curtains on clearance at World Market a few months ago. The curtain rod was way too short for the window so I tried the little half-curtain thing I had seen in the Parade of Homes this summer.
My next project is to make a wreath to hang from the middle knob. Anyone interested in a craft night?
It’s amazing what a little bit of décor can do!
cute! we need something on our walls too! you're welcome to come out here and do ours! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so going to Pin this! You are incredible Kylee! I love love it! And I am dying to do a wreath! Can we please get together? I love the half rod thing, so clever and it looks great!
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative Kylee. love it you get my creative juices going! good job!!
ReplyDeleteI love that yarn C... so cute! You're so crafty! =) I still need to come over and see your cute house. Maybe you should host a craft night? Or game night? eh eh?
ReplyDeleteYou are so crafty! I'm impressed! :) I love doing crafts but keep putting off taking the time to actually do them!
ReplyDelete