Monday, October 24, 2011

Night with Erin

I spent last Saturday evening with my baby sister.We had fun hanging out at Gardner Village and then attempting to make Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory’s version of an apple pie caramel apple. I love this girl and am glad to have her living so close.

IMG_1246 IMG_1247

IMG_1248

IMG_1250

IMG_1254 IMG_1256

Making pretty caramel apples is much harder than I thought. We could not get the caramel to stick to the apples- in fact, it seemed like it ended up everywhere EXCEPT the apples!

IMG_1257

candyApple

Here’s how the apple was supposed to look.

IMG_1263

Here’s how ours turned out- definitely not as pretty….but, possibly just as tasty.

IMG_1265 IMG_1267

We were pretty proud of our hard work but didn’t waste too much time before we finished off our end results.

Erin and I both worked this day and obviously didn’t put much effort into getting ready. That’s the best way to hang out with sisters though, right?—in your sweats. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am planning on making these this weekend actually and I'm sure mine will look much worse than yours haha. As long as they taste good I really don't care :). I love your half drapes in the post below. Such a great idea and it makes your window look way bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy. those look absolutely delicious, maybe i'll have to give them a try. also, tramel girls are so beautiful (and skinny!)..especially in sweats.

    ReplyDelete