Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Day the Music Died

1950


This weekend, a high school friend had a 1950’s themed bridal shower. We were told multiple times to “wear a 50’s dress” so Laura and I decided to play along. My grandmother was so beautiful and stylish and we have been able to keep a few of her old dresses in good shape. Laura and I found these dresses, did some styling to our hair and left for the party as confident as can be. When we arrived, however, we were the only 2 who had decided to play along (doh). Though we felt a little out of place, it was still fun to get dressed up and feel a little vintage-y….bright red lipstick and all.


IMG_0892


Laura didn’t believe that she looked incredibly glamorous, but she did.


IMG_0889IMG_0890


This is why we are glad red lipstick never quite made it’s comeback. It gets all over EVERYTHING!


IMG_0896


Cute Nakita and some high school friends.


IMG_0899


Of course no 50’s outfit is complete without cat-eye glasses….though I don’t think I’m excited for that style to make a comeback either.


IMG_0880


I also had a friend from work get married this weekend and was able to congratulate her at her cute luncheon reception. These are some of the cute girls I work with.


IMG_0884


…Some more of the great friends that I have at work. What a fun weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love you in your dress! And tricia looked beautiful. Ps. You can pull off the red lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dresses and lipstick :) Such a fun idea and I'm glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Why didn't anyone dress up!? I was so sad I missed this. If I wasn't out of town I would have totally dressed up with you guys. People are lame... no offense to anyone. You look darling, and of course they cat eye glasses and red lip stick made the outfit for sure. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE both your dresses!! You both look fabulous in them! And Laura has never looked bad in anything!

    ReplyDelete