So, I never thought I would say this but .... I am so bored! This means that all my blogging friends have to deal with a very, very boring blog post. I am simply going to tell everyone what is on my mind today.
IHC.
I am so frustrated with IHC. In case my non-nursing school friends dont know, IHC will only hire newly graduated nurses if they go through their nurse residency program but as of a month or two ago, they have put a freeze on outside hiring into this program. This means that IHC is only hiring internally, or in other words, hiring the graduates from it's own nursing school program through the community college. So, no matter how much your capstone wanted to hire you...they couldn't. So, here I am..a bachelors degree nurse who can't find a job because all of the hospitals are hiring their associate degree graduates.
LOST.
A little over 2 years ago, I got suckered into watching LOST with a boy I went to high school with. I fell in love with the show (and the boy) and have been watching it ever since. Last night was the final episode of the show and James and I had to watch it from different states (and time zones). James and I were texting throughout the show but he was an hour ahead of me so I wouldn't let him tell me anything. When I had about an hour left of the show, I got a text from James that said one thing: "WTF." An hour later, I saw what he meant. This show is known for it's unexpected endings and it's twists and turns but this ending was a real doozy. I told him he summed it up pretty well. All I have to say to LOST is, WTF. **(I have to admit that I cried throughout the last hour of the show, even though I wasn't entirely sure what was going on..and then I dreamt about it and have been thinking about it all day...I'm more satisfied with how it ended now than I was last night)
Summer.
Uh, hello? Where did summer go? It must have come down with a case of frostbite after Mother Nature insisted on snow this morning. I was supposed to have a great, muscle burning, I want to throw up, run- this morning. I woke up to a phone call that said, "kylee, have you looked outside? I think we may have to postpone our run." I was not happy.
Traveling for work.
I am so, so grateful my husband has a job. It has been a life-saver for us, literally. However, I really dont like being left alone for weeks at a time. Thankfully, I have a mom who lives close and likes me to be a bum at her house. But, when I have nights when I am crying because I didn't understand the ending of a tv series and I just need someone to let me ruin their shirt with mascara tears....I just wish he didn't have to travel so much.
Being grown up.
It is still hard for me to believe how grown up we all are. It seems like a few weeks ago that we were in High School. I don't like everyone having careers and families and so many things to do. It was much easier when we all got to go to assemblies in the gym and we got to sit with eachother and not have to worry about anything. But I take that back. I like everyone's families. I got to spend a week with a best friend's toddlers and couldn't have had more fun. I guess some things are okay to change.
Blemishes.
What's the point? I dont understand why people get zits.
Anyway, I think my ranting has gone on for long enough. Thank you for sitting through a very boring blog post. Soon I'll get a job or go on a vacation and have much better things to tell everyone.
Happy Monday!
IHC.
I am so frustrated with IHC. In case my non-nursing school friends dont know, IHC will only hire newly graduated nurses if they go through their nurse residency program but as of a month or two ago, they have put a freeze on outside hiring into this program. This means that IHC is only hiring internally, or in other words, hiring the graduates from it's own nursing school program through the community college. So, no matter how much your capstone wanted to hire you...they couldn't. So, here I am..a bachelors degree nurse who can't find a job because all of the hospitals are hiring their associate degree graduates.
LOST.
A little over 2 years ago, I got suckered into watching LOST with a boy I went to high school with. I fell in love with the show (and the boy) and have been watching it ever since. Last night was the final episode of the show and James and I had to watch it from different states (and time zones). James and I were texting throughout the show but he was an hour ahead of me so I wouldn't let him tell me anything. When I had about an hour left of the show, I got a text from James that said one thing: "WTF." An hour later, I saw what he meant. This show is known for it's unexpected endings and it's twists and turns but this ending was a real doozy. I told him he summed it up pretty well. All I have to say to LOST is, WTF. **(I have to admit that I cried throughout the last hour of the show, even though I wasn't entirely sure what was going on..and then I dreamt about it and have been thinking about it all day...I'm more satisfied with how it ended now than I was last night)
Summer.
Uh, hello? Where did summer go? It must have come down with a case of frostbite after Mother Nature insisted on snow this morning. I was supposed to have a great, muscle burning, I want to throw up, run- this morning. I woke up to a phone call that said, "kylee, have you looked outside? I think we may have to postpone our run." I was not happy.
Traveling for work.
I am so, so grateful my husband has a job. It has been a life-saver for us, literally. However, I really dont like being left alone for weeks at a time. Thankfully, I have a mom who lives close and likes me to be a bum at her house. But, when I have nights when I am crying because I didn't understand the ending of a tv series and I just need someone to let me ruin their shirt with mascara tears....I just wish he didn't have to travel so much.
Being grown up.
It is still hard for me to believe how grown up we all are. It seems like a few weeks ago that we were in High School. I don't like everyone having careers and families and so many things to do. It was much easier when we all got to go to assemblies in the gym and we got to sit with eachother and not have to worry about anything. But I take that back. I like everyone's families. I got to spend a week with a best friend's toddlers and couldn't have had more fun. I guess some things are okay to change.
Blemishes.
What's the point? I dont understand why people get zits.
Anyway, I think my ranting has gone on for long enough. Thank you for sitting through a very boring blog post. Soon I'll get a job or go on a vacation and have much better things to tell everyone.
Happy Monday!
I feel you, Ky.
ReplyDeleteAnd Jeff watched Lost tonight (he has to wait an extra day due to our lack of tv) and he also felt a little confused at the end.
Come be a bum at my house.
I love this post! Everything about it. The center of the page. Bold subheadings. The topics. WTF. Love it.
ReplyDeleteI also have been freaking out about being adults. I am undecided about it, like in college. Can we pick that for adulthood? I don't know if I am ready... eek! Good luck with the job hunt, it will work out eventually. IHC is really losing out on you!
AMEN sista!
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed your random post :) I'm sure you'll find an amazing job soon - until then, all those crazy hospitals are missin' out!
ReplyDelete