Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lately.

Our new place... The day after graduation, James and I moved into our first official place. Since we have been living with family the last 5 months, it is very exciting to finally be on our own. I took some pictures while I was sitting on the floor of our kitchen, waiting for the next load of furniture to arrive. I was also testing out the new camera my dear mother bought me for graduation. :)


We finally got our table in and I made our first dinner in our new place (which, of course, was mac-n-cheese)...PS. We love the wood panel walls.
This week, James had to drive to Idaho for the day for work and since, hey- I'm doing absolutely nothing with my life right now....I went along for the ride! (Seriously though, I've done nothing but plan parties and spend money all week....I love it.)



To celebrate Mothers Day, we got some mighty fine ice cream shakes from IceBerg....these pictures are making my mouth water.
Connor got the "cricket" shake. (It's really called "grasshopper" but who's counting?)

Mmmm, rocky road. My favorite.

Happy Mother's Day momma!

I also ran my first 5k last Saturday since my sophomore year of high school...I was terrified. I had always wanted to do the Race for the Cure so when Ashley called to see if I was interested, I couldn't resist. It was such an emotional experience for me. It doesn't help that I am usually an emotional wreck regardless of the situation but the entire race was inspirational. My grandmother died of breast cancer when I was 5 so I ran in memory of her. When the race started, and I saw everyone running and everyone on the sidelines cheering us on, I felt the waterworks starting. When a man ran past me with an "In Memory of My Wife" sign on his back, I lost it. I am sure that I looked like quite a sight...running down the streets of downtown Salt Lake, sobbing like a child. However, I was able to run the entire race and finish in decent time. It felt amazing and I can't wait to run it again next year.
I am also looking into finding other 5Ks to do throughout the summer, let me know if any of you are interested in running with me!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to come see your new place. :-) What kind of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your FIRST apartment as a married couple! And also on running the 5K :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place looks adroble! I need to get some pics up of our place soon. I have just procrastinated it. Better yet... you should just come see it in person!

    ps... those shakes look delish....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylee, I love your appartment! I would be right there with you crying my little heart out at the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new place!! I cannot wait to come over! You two are too cute eating dinner at the table... Love it! Love it all! Also, way to go on the 5k! I was there! But you probably ran past me... :) It is an amazing experience and I was very emotional as well. You should've seen me at the survivor ceremony. Train wreck. I'm sorry to hear that about your Grams though, I bet she is very proud you ran in memory of her. And I will join you on some 5k's! Sorry for the novel reply. I just really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute place I loved it... where is it? And once this baby is out of my belly I am determined to start setting goals to get running again so let me know if there are later races in the summer and I would love to run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new place! So fun! I was so glad to see you at the race:). That is the coolest one. My mom, sisters, and I have done it for the past 3 years and we love it. It really is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete