Friday, July 13, 2012

Girls Trip and a Mission Call

About a month ago, Natalie, Carlye and I took a much needed girl’s trip to St. George. We ate, shopped, relaxed in the sun, and attempted to sleep in. It was so great to get away from work and all of our crazy schedules for 2 days. The best part was shopping for our baby boys who are all due this fall.
DSC_0885
DSC_0886
Natalie is due in November, Carlye in December, and I look like I could give birth any day (though, I’m only 28 weeks here!).
DSC_0895

DSC_0889DSC_0899
We found this funny and random pregnancy statue outside of the Pizza Factory…we felt it necessary to reenact the scene.
IMG_1885
The next night, we went to see Brave. When we got there, the theater had run out of tickets… Um, what kind of theater runs out of tickets? This one apparently. It’s okay though, they made us some pretty high quality replacement tickets.
IMG_1886
IMG_1889
DSC_0901
We had all brought spending money to shop for ourselves with and obviously got a little excited shopping in the baby outlets instead. It’s okay though, look at our haulin!
IMG_1903
On Wednesday, Gentry opened his mission call. If you have time, read this funny little story:
Do you see the shirt he is wearing in this picture? It has 5 gangster pictures on the front. We all HATE this shirt. A few years ago, I packed it away in a box so he couldn’t wear it. Somehow he found it again and it resurfaced as a normal part of his everyday wardrobe. When we got to my mom’s house Wednesday night, guess which shirt Gentry had chosen for the day? I said to him, “Gentry, I can’t believe that is the shirt you chose to open your call in. You are jinxing yourself by wearing it- you’re going to end up going to LA.” Imagine our surprise when Gentry opened his call and read that he would be serving in the Los Angeles, California mission. we had a pretty good laugh over it. He leaves October 17th which is such a relief to me. I was so sad that he may miss meeting his first, brand new nephew in September.
Congratulations Gentry, we are all so excited for you!
IMG_1908
Also, I’m 31 weeks pregnant. Gentry reminds me every time I see him that I am, “huge”.
Yes, I know.
2 months to go.

5 comments:

  1. That belly is exactly what happens when a short girl marries a tall guy. Hang in there...or out there like I did...way out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylee I totally feel your pain! Being in the last trimester can be obnoxious haha. But we both are so close! I totally love your shirt btw in the last picture, so cute. And that story with gentry made me
    Laugh haha. You three girls all look great! Bring o. The boys right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun girls trip! I am so excited for you to have your little baby boy! And I cannot believe Gentry is so grown up! Oh how the time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun and MUCH needed. Love that we are all pregnant... except Carlye doesn't look it. =)haha. Me however, I am popping out like I am having a 20 lb baby! Lisa has it right. I guess this is the joy of being 5"3 and marrying a tall big man. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you should see my belly now.... it's out of control. I'm catching up, slowly but surely! Such a fun trip - so glad we did it! Pool day soon? Before the fabulousness of summer is over and 3 new baby boys enter into the world!! :)

    ReplyDelete