Monday, June 4, 2012

The Big 2-5

Last year for my birthday, I accepted my duties as an adult woman and worked a 12-hour shift at the hospital. Nobody knew it was my birthday and it ended up being a totally normal day. I decided this year that I don’t have to accept the boring-ness of adult birthdays quite yet and took the entire day off to do as I wished. It was the best decision I have made in a while and it was the best birthday I’ve had in a long time. On my birthday eve, the Copelands cooked me up a yummy BBQ for dinner and Liz made me a chocolatey birthday cake that I ate too much of. They really spoiled me.

IMG_1819

The next morning, my mom and sisters took me to breakfast at my favorite breakfast spot: Kneaders. It was the most beautiful morning and the French toast has never tasted better. Mmm. As you can tell, food plays a large part in making my day enjoyable.

IMG_1827

After breakfast, my mom took me shopping to find some new clothes to fit my quickly growing belly and then I went home to spend the afternoon being lazy with my husband. We spent time outside in the beautiful sunshine, did a little packing for our weekend move and then I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to decide where I wanted to go to dinner.

Finally, I decided on Red Robin and we had the most enjoyable and satisfying dinner. I love those steak fries so, so much.

After dinner, we headed back to my mama’s for cake and ice cream. I don’t know if it’s a Tramel thing or if it is like this in every household but all 5 children pick Funfetti cake as their birthday cake of choice. The trick is, though, making sure you use the rainbow chip frosting to top it off. This night was not an exception. I ate my funfetti/ rainbow chip birthday cake until my baby boy had no more room to move. Speaking of baby boy…I was 25 weeks pregnant on my 25th birthday. Kind of fun, right? Here it is, the 25 week belly:

IMG_1834

Thank you to all of my family and friends who called, texted or Facebooked on my special day. It truly was a happy day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment