This weekend, I put together a farewell party for a bunch of our friends who are moving away in the next few weeks. It was so fun to get together one last time this summer with so many wonderful friends. Those who know me know that I love to throw parties. Someday I hope to have a beautiful home that is always full of parties and friends. Until then, I have to throw low-budget parties in the park. This night we had a “gourmet hot dog” buffet complete with franks, chili, cheese, onions and coleslaw- perfect for a DIY “Carolina Dog”.
No barbecue is complete though without the presence of plenty of good company.
Medical school and Grad school are stealing 7 of our friends this fall but will definitely give us some good vacation destinations!
Las Vegas, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Washington DC and Harvard…just to name a few.
We finished up our night in a beautiful theater room- courtesy of some of our dear friends- half watching a chick flick but mostly catching up one last time before we had to say goodbye!
Good luck and farewell (for now)…we hope to have a “Welcome Back” party in a few years!
Looks so nice. Can we live by each other so i can come to your parties?
ReplyDeleteCute party. Your right some fun places to visit when their all out there!
ReplyDeleteThree thoughts: 1) I'm so sad I missed this 2) Your craftiness is a gift I will never possess 3) Marshall is adorable.
ReplyDelete