Monday, September 24, 2012

Things I Have Learned at 2 am…

copeland091112-8

  • I’ve learned that I still love One Tree Hill and Smallville as much as I did when it was played on Primetime TV.
  • I’ve learned that I’ve never experienced exhaustion like I have the past 3 and a half weeks….and I have led a fairly exhausting life style since graduating high school.
  • I’ve learned that I’ve never laughed so hard in the middle of the night as I do when I watch the faces my child makes when he is eating.
  • Or when he is pooping.
  • I’ve learned that I’ve never cried as much in the middle of the night as I do when I watch my baby sleep and think that I don’t ever want him to get older or bigger.
  • I’ve learned that breastfeeding seems to hurt more at 2am.
  • I’ve learned that I’m much more obsessed and possessive of my child than I ever imagined I would be.
  • I’ve learned that life was way less exciting when I slept for 8-10 hours straight at night.
  • I’ve learned that I love that I am the only person that my baby wants when he wakes up every 3 hours.
  • I’ve learned that there is a baby channel on TV that plays lullabies all night long, I’ve also learned that I enjoy this channel more than Luke.
  • I’ve learned a lot about Nostradamus on the history channel and his predictions on the end of the world.
  • I’ve learned to appreciate being awake at 2am every morning because I know that soon my baby will sleep through the night and he won’t need his mom to cuddle him while he sleeps.

Love this little man and his chubby little cheeks.

copeland091112-4

3 comments:

  1. I just love that whole list. These pictures are TOO cute! Seriously. What a perfect little face. I'm glad you can appreciate being up at 2 am... seems like it's well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious post. But sweet precious pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that is so true! I loved reading through it, you put it so perfectly. Sometimes its hard to be positive at 2am but honestly, its amazing how worth it the exhaustion is when you look at your own sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete