Monday, May 21, 2012

Babymoon 2012

**Warning: Picture Overload**
James and I just got home from a much needed vacation and kind of a last hurrah before baby comes. I started the vacay a day early by flying to Las Vegas to meet my family for my cousin’s wedding day. I kind of took the long way to Vegas by having a layover first in San Francisco. It was worth it though- I got to buy treats.
IMG_1641
Most people run through the airport to catch their next flight. Kylee, at 6 months pregnant, runs through the airport to find the Ghirardelli store so that she has plenty of chocolate for the next 90 minute flight.
IMG_1649IMG_1651
Johana and Travis got married on a yacht while sailing over Lake Las Vegas. Um, I don’t think you could ask for anything more romantic.
IMG_1657IMG_1656
We sure love getting to spend time with our daddy. It makes Courtney extra sassy.
IMG_1658
People think we look alike. I don’t see it.
IMG_1667
My beautiful new cousin-in-law.
IMG_1672
The Mr. & Mrs.
IMG_1662IMG_1678
We get a kick out of taking pictures of each other taking pictures.
IMG_1682 
I said goodbye to my family and hello to my BFFs. Thanks to Ashley for opening her cute home to us for the night. Then it was on to Cali….
IMG_1684
Spence and Cait, also on their babymoon.
IMG_1686IMG_1687
The next morning we were at Catalina Island.
IMG_1693
The boys got in the water while we got some sunnin’.
IMG_1701
Snorkel buddies. So sexy.
IMG_1708
Later on, Spencer won the mini-golf tournament. He wasn’t excited at all.
IMG_1714IMG_1718
James had to catch up so he went and won the ping pong tournament.
IMG_1711
This picture was the highlight of our hour in Ensenada. Seriously. 23 weeks pregnant has never looked so good.
IMG_1723
James played “Minute to Win it” one night. This was his challenge. I’ve never been so proud.
IMG_1726
We love these 2.
IMG_1729
When we got off the boat, we took a little trip through Hollywood on our way to the beach. Caitlin was happy to see Johnny Depp’s star. The real reason though that we were there was because of this:
Hollywood-Walk-of-Fame-mary-kate--26-ashley-olsen-65592_399_500IMG_1733
Ever since I saw the pictures that eventually landed Mary-Kate in rehab, I’ve wanted to find the Olsen twins on the Hollywood walk of fame.
IMG_1734
I was really excited.
IMG_1731
Love Harry P!
IMG_1736IMG_1741
We then headed to the beach. Somehow we decided on Venice beach. Half because James had lost his head and had to find it in the sand but mostly so that we could all get our licenses for medical marijuana on the boardwalk.
IMG_1743
Our last stop of the trip was to my happy place: Disneyland. I feel like a child when I’m there. If I could, I would take up a permanent residence on Main Street USA.
IMG_1747
James had a cruise hangover this morning. The Dramamine hadn’t kicked in yet at this point- hence the stoner face.
IMG_1746
Spencer made the bad choice of sitting in the front. He paid for that later.
IMG_1754
At this moment, to be exact….and yes, I am the big one taking up the entire picture.
IMG_1756IMG_1755
When I live on Main Street, I will eat one of these cream cheese filled pretzels every morning for breakfast.
IMG_1758
We had beautiful weather.
IMG_1770IMG_1779
After my feet swelled to twice their normal size, I parked my behind on a bench with the other senior citizens and let my feet rest for 2 hours while the others ran around like normal 25 year olds. Turns out, sitting on a bench for multiple hours ensures you a prime spot for the parade. I also made friends with the old women sharing my seat.
IMG_1765 
James brought me ice cream with sprinkles so I let him share my bench for the parade.
IMG_1783
Indie was worth the wait.
IMG_1784
What a magical day we had. I was so glad to be able to introduce my child to Disneyland even before he makes his grand exit. I can already tell he loves it- he was squirming like crazy all day.
Thank you to James, Caitlan and Spencer for making the past week the perfect break from work/moving/life. I am well renewed and ready to finish out this summer, kankles and all.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! I didn't know Travis was getting married - granted I've only met him once, but I feel like I know him from you talking about him throughout the years. :) Looks like a lovely wedding.

    Plus the cruise and Disney look like the best babymoon ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Cruise and Disneyland! Fun overload!

      Delete
  2. Ok. That's it. I'm going on a baby moon. I've never heard of it before but I like it! Now.....just need to get pregnant. Hmmmm.........


    You are beautiful. Can you fb message me or text your address? Did you move into your in-laws?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I had no idea you guys were hitting up Disney too.... ummmm.... JEALOUS! Seriously how fun! You look GREAT you cute mommy-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I never saw the thrill of DisneyLand...hmmmm. They allowed you on Splash Mountain while pregnant???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I was laughing from reading all your comments! Haha you are so cute, and I am so happy you got to go on a baby moon. I've never heard of that before, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! Good for you :) I'm jealous that I missed out on seeing the Mary-Kate and Ashley star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay I love Disneyland, we were just there a few weeks ago :). Don't you worry, my ankles were HUGE when we got home!

    ReplyDelete